How to Apply
- Graduate Certificate Application Deadline: December 15th (Must have PhD in Physics or related discipline to apply)
- Ph.D. Application Deadline: January 15th
- M.S. Application Deadline: February 15th
- Go to the Graduate Admissions website and apply for the correct admission term. Students applying for the PhD or MS programs are only accepted for the Fall Term. Students applying for the Graduate Certificate Program may be accepted in the Spring/Summer or Fall Terms.
- The application process, including uploading necessary documentation and initiation of requests for recommendation letters, can be done online through the admissions site.
- Under "Planned Course of Study", choose "Medical Physics – PhD" if you are applying for the PhD program and/or "Medical Physics – MS" for the MS program and/or "Graduate Certificate - Medical Physics" for the GC program. You are only required to pay the application fee for the first program to which you apply. Applications to additional programs within WSU are free.
- If you apply for both the PhD and MS programs, your application will be evaluated for both programs automatically and you will be notified of the admissions decision for each. MS and PhD students take the same coursework for the first four semesters and there is often the possibility of transferring from one to the other.
- Provide the information in the additional items checklist. Recommendation letters are not required but are strongly recommended. You are also not required to submit information under "Other qualifications" or "Additional Documents" if there is no relevant information. Your application may be considered complete without these items checked off in the list.
- For items that provide both the option of typing information in a box and uploading documents, you are not required to do both.
- Your application is not complete and will not be reviewed until the university receives your official transcripts from all previous educational institutions and your official GRE scores. For international applicants, there are other university-wide requirements (TOEFL scores, bank statements, etc.) that must be provided before the application is considered complete.
After your file has been completed, you should receive an e-mail with instructions on how to check the status of your application. It is your responsibility to ensure that all documents are received prior to the deadline.
The M.S. program admission is restricted to approximately 5-6 students annually, while Ph.D. admissions are between 1-3 students per year, depending on funding.
The average scores of previously accepted applicants are:
- GRE Verbal: 157 (560 old score format)
- GRE Quantitative: 160 (760 old score format)
- GRE Analytical Writing: 4.7
- GPA: 3.6
The TOEFL exam is required for all students from non-English speaking countries. The GRE general exam is required for all applicants, and the GRE Physics subject test is strongly recommended.
For questions about the program please call 313-576-9617 or email email@example.com.